2022 Toronto Wolverines Fall Classic - Rules and Regulations
Sanction # 5796
Registration – All teams are to check in at the tournament office 1 hour prior to the start of their first game. All teams are required to submit their sanctioned roster and travel permit upon arrival at the arena if they have not already done so.
Game Length – All games will follow the format 10x15x15 minute stop time periods. To accommodate delays to the game start times, the tournament organizers reserve the right to reduce the game to 10x12x12 to accommodate a slipping schedule. Should the delay become greater than 15 min, the upcoming game(s) will play 10x12x12 until the schedule is corrected.
Warm Up - Pre-game warm-ups will be three minutes. Teams must be prepared to start games 15 minutes before scheduled start times.
Timeouts – Each team is permitted one 30 second timeout per game.
Body Contact – This tournament is non-contact for all A divisions. U15 AA will play contact.
Tournament Points – Two points will be allocated to the winning team, one point for a tie and zero to the losing team.
Standings – Tiebreakers.
If 2 Teams are tied in the standings the following tiebreaker steps will be taken in this order:
1. Most Wins
2. Head-to-Head Record
3. Average Differential - Goals for divided by (total Goals For plus Goals Against). The higher percentage will advance.
4. Least goals against.
5. Least goals differential.
6. Most Goals For.
7. Coin toss between tied teams - Done in person in Tournament Office with Head Coaches.
If 3 Teams or more are tied in the standings the following tiebreaker steps will be taken in this order:
1. Average Differential - Goals for divided by (total Goals For plus Goals Against). The higher percentage will advance.
2. Least goals against.
3. Least goals differential.
4. Most Goals For.
5. Coin toss between tied teams - Done in person in Tournament Office with Head Coaches.
Please Note: The maximum goal differential that will be recorded in a game is 10.
Playoffs – The playoff formats will be as follows for each division:
4 team Division: 3 game round robin
- Semifinals: 1st vs. 4th, 2nd vs. 3rd
- Semifinal winners advance to finals
5-7 team Divisions: 4 game division play
- 1st vs. 2nd
Overtime – Playoffs (Semi Finals and Finals) -
1. There will be a 5-minute, stop-time, 3-on-3 sudden death period to determine the winner.
2. If no winner is decided during the overtime, a 3-man shootout will decide the game. (Players completing the shootout will go and wait in the penalty box)
3. If still tied after the first 3, there will be a sudden death shootout.
4. Each team must use every player on the bench before a player will be allowed to shoot a second time.
Please Note: Players will NOT shoot simultaneously. Home Team will shoot first.
Goal Spread - If a difference of five goals or more exists at any time during the third period, running time will commence. The time will not stop again until the difference is reduced to 3 goals. If 10 or more goals separate teams at the end of the second period, or at any time during the third period, the game can be ended if deemed necessary by tournament staff.
Participation in All Games - A team that does not present itself for a game will be subject to expulsion from the tournament (at the discretion of the organizers). All forfeited games will be 1-0 scores. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
Jersey Conflicts - Home teams will wear white uniforms. If a jersey color conflict arises, the home team will be asked to wear their alternate jerseys. If they do not have alternates, the visiting team will be asked to wear their alternates.
If a team only has one jersey, it is the coach’s responsibility to inform the other team.
Tournament Rules - Follow the current GTHL game rules (except where they differ from rules in this document).
Fighting, Major/Match Penalties – Refer to the GTHL minimum suspension list.
Suspended Players - Any coach who plays a suspended player will automatically have his team removed from the tournament. The coach’s home association will also be notified.
Affiliated Players - Please provide an approved roster of the team listing your affiliated player. This should happen when you register for your first game. The Affiliate player’s name does not have to be added to the game sheet until the game that the player is being played in.
Referees - The tournament organizers will NOT overrule a referee’s call.
Protests - NO protests will be accepted.
Coaching Staff - It is our objective to be fair to all participating teams; therefore, it is extremely important that everyone play by the same rules. It is the coaching staff’s responsibility to make their players fully aware of all rules listed above.